Thursday, March 31, 2011

One more Mickey silhouette project

My kids loved the last project I did for their bathroom it made me extra excited to get the next one done. I originally wanted my sister's help. You see she can draw Mickey and all his friends really well. The only draw back is she's 7+ hours away. Darn it. Luckily my husband came to the rescue. He ended up doing the whole project for me.

The supplies we used:
-one white poster board
-one black poster board
-poster frame we were currently not using
-exacto knife
-scotch tape
-box tape

I found an image I liked doing a Google image search. We were looking for one that would fit our frame well and one that wasn't going to be too difficult. Then my husband enlarged the image to the size we wanted and printed it out.
 
Next the pages were taped together and then cut out with an exacto knife.

Then Mickey was taped to the black poster board so it would not move. Keep in mind which direction you want Mickey to be facing. Because we were putting ours over the toilet we wanted it to face the vanity and not the shower so we flipped the silhouette.

The white poster board was used only as a backdrop. This frame is very close to the size of poster board, if the frames were a little bit bigger that would not have worked.


We have made our three kids very happy.


My son loved the outside scrap we decided to frame that as well. Actually the two Mickey's side by side looked really cool. It made me think of doing some smaller ones, maybe in 8x10 frames and grouping 4 together using different colors. But I can't, we have enough Mickey's in our house now.

No comments:

Post a Comment